Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Steven is an experienced senior executive, specializing in supporting Engineering & Technology SMEs within the Energy sector.
He is a Chartered Engineer with 25 years’ experience, over 10 of which have been at board level within Financial, Commercial, Quality and Operations leadership roles, typically as COO.
His specific expertise is in working with founders/owner managers, typically within technical environments. Steven can help businesses grow through the managed building of teams, tackling productivity issues, helping commercialising R&D investment, improving operational effectiveness, constructing new facilities and implementing the required support & performance monitoring systems.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), Engineering Council of Great Britain
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Information Engineering (BEng)
Key Areas of Expertise
- Detailed context analysis and strategy development
- Organisational design and change management
- Financial modelling, management and performance analysis
- Operations & Production Management, including setup, improvement, KPI’s and improving team performance
- Commercial, proposals and tender management
- Project Management of complex and high-risk programmes
- Implementing management systems to ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 standards.
Steven entered the energy industry in the mid 90’s, his first success being the development of a subsea control and communication system for bundle installation, a game changer for the company’s subsea installation methodology.
Steven joined his first Technology start-up in the early 2000’s, a specialist in subsea technology. Since then, he has worked with multiple SMEs and remains committed to supporting the sector.
Steven has extensive experience in financial analysis and management, especially in performance analysis, modelling and developing forecasts for securing financial support / investment. In addition, Steven is highly skilled in working with both financial and operational personnel to identify key performance issues and develop solutions.
Steven has recently supported a client in implementing a management system to ISO standards, whilst temporarily leading Financial, QHSE and HR functions. In addition, he helped the business recruit full-time functional managers. He is currently supporting the business by helping it adapt to a new remote working environment and improve profitability, by leading a change programme to address organisational lag and implement MS Teams, Power Automate and Dynamics 365.