Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Roderick builds modern B2B businesses top down and bottom up.
He excels at getting executive teams ready for transformational funding events.
Drawing on a unique combination of corporate law, financial expertise gained from Cranfield MBA and experience of growing businesses from inside and out, he helps ambitious management deliver their vision.
With a deep understanding of complex business structures; comfortable operating in a regulated environment; proven ability to identify and win new business in a range of sectors. He is able to marry the forensic skills required to weave regulation into good governance with the ability to engage internal and external audiences.
- Law Degree LLB (Hons) Dip. L.P. (Edinburgh)
- Qualified Solicitor in England/Wales and Scotland (not practising).
- MBA (Cranfield)
Key Areas of Expertise
- Critical friend to the Leadership team
- Working on the business not in the business – Vision and Strategy Development
- Freeing your team to run the business – Culture as an Asset, Leadership and Succession
- Preparing for corporate finance – Fundraising Preparation, Equity Storyboard Creation, M&A, IPO preparation
- Capable, experienced business coach/consultant/mentor with 15 year record of achieving results with often ‘stuck’ businesses helping them get to the ‘next level’.
- Unique skillset to cover strategy development, revenue growth, and risk management.
- Legally trained and understand the culture and practice of law (Clifford Chance, Deutsche Bank).
- My time in strategic/financial communications allowed me to understand how to build profitable consulting practices and deliver critical advice to clients (Brunswick, Powerscourt).
- As a business growth advisor, trained in a methodology derived from fund management to drive intangible asset growth into SMEs, I know the mathematics of business – team sizes; efficiency ratios; the number of touchpoints required to create client loyalty (Shirlaws/SGFE).
- Have grown businesses from micro-SME to scaling mid-tier companies – as a leader and as an advisor.