Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Are you a restless, ambitious business owner looking for fresh thinking tounlock more value? Then you will relish Roddy’s approach.
Roddy uses his extensive experience in law, growth management and communications to build modern B2B businesses, top-down and bottom-up, regardless of sector. Roderick got his business grounding as a City lawyer, has advised some of the world’s largest companies on their financial communications and has spent the last decade working in, with and for SME’s and Scale-ups. He holds an MBA from Cranfield.
Quickly getting to grips with the strategic issues facing the owner or executive team of any SME or scaling business, he will work with you to apply his experience, knowledge and extensive networks to connect you with the right resource to solve those problems, delivering equity value.
- MBA – Master of Business Administration (Cranfield, UK)
- LLB (Hons) – Law degree (Edinburgh)
- LP – Diploma in Legal Practice (Edinburgh)
- Solicitor – non Practising (England & Wales, Scotland)
- Personal Leadership Programme (GIBS, S.Africa)
Key Areas of Expertise
- Vision and Strategy Development
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Talent Management
- Culture as an Asset
- Fundraising Preparation
- Equity Storyboard Creation
- Distribution & Channel Partnerships
- IPO preparation
- Leadership and Succession
I have a unique combination of corporate law background, strategy expertise gained from my Cranfield MBA and knowledge of growing teams and businesses from inside and out.
My intensive legal grounding has been the cornerstone in achieving disciplined and sustainable growth performance across multiple industries. I’ve designed processes for, sat on and advised private and listed company boards, latterly as CSO of a ‘FinTech’ specialising in AI compliance solutions. Previously, I was growth coach/consultant to ambitious SME businesses across IT, professional services and manufacturing.
In between I’ve worked in the UK and Africa advising on the communications around some of the largest cross border transactions (hostile and agreed M&A), run the IPO comms for
- Betfair’s £1.3bn listing
- Nigeria’s Oando into South Africa; and
- Gold Fields into Dubai,
as well as having a ringside seat advising BP’s chairman on the Macondo disaster.
- Building business systems
- Developing propositions in regulated markets
- Crisis Management
- Launching new Products and Services
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments
- Brand Creation (Brand as an End to End Revenue System)
- Development of Partnerships and Routes to Market
- Creation of Customer Success Programmes