Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor/Mentor
Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
p3m global Ltd
Duco Technologies Ltd (Fintech)
Ray is an internationally renowned advisor, author and thought leader in the field of project management and organisational transformation. Whether it is working with FTSE 100 boards or with emerging small and medium-sized businesses as an NED, Ray employs a blend of proven techniques to help organisations navigate change and/or optimise their project delivery.
This can range from providing management with constructive scrutiny, challenge and guidance to assisting with the establishment of simple project governance frameworks and staff education programmes, or equipping organisations with the tools they need to succeed.
Alternatively, Ray can act as a ‘critical friend’ to an executive team in any aspect of business management, drawing on his long experience as a business owner and his history of assisting with corporate-level best practice.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) – University of Surrey
- BA (HONS) French, Spanish & Marketing – University of Southampton
- Project Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute
- PRINCE2 / MSP / MoP / P3O / ITIL Practitioner – Axelos
- Scrum Master
- FT Non-Executive Director Programme – Level 1
- CIM Advanced Certificate of Marketing
Key Areas of Expertise
- Scaling up businesses to increase capacity
- Organisational transformation
- Execution of strategy via optimised portfolios of change
- Project management and PMO design/development
- Entrepreneurship and Small-business ownership
- Business agility/agile delivery
- Customer focus and marketing
- Risk management
- Bid management
- Stakeholder/communications management
- Talent management, training and competence development
- International and cross-cultural management
17 years of Founder and MD small/medium business management experience, having founded his first consulting services company in 2006. He is thus familiar with all aspects of the owner/operator model but has particular experience with:
- Preparation of business plans / applications for finance
- Sales/pipeline and bid management
- Staff hiring and performance management
- Cash flow forecasting
- Supplier, supply-chain, sales channel, and contract management.
Ray’s clients have included FTSE100 & Fortune 500 businesses as well as governments/ governmental organisations but he has also worked with small-medium sized businesses and start-ups. Customers have included: France Telecom, Rolls-Royce PLC, Novo Nordisk, Ubisoft, Teva, Vodafone, EE, National Grid, BAE Systems, NATO, Lloyds Banking Group, Investec, The UK Cabinet Office, Siemens.
Ray has advised on P3M governance at an enterprise level, has set up strategic and divisional PMOs, designed project management methodologies, career pathways, training programmes. He has also performed some of the largest project management maturity assessments in the UK and acts as a project auditor and assessor.
Ray’s expertise is applicable across many different business sectors. His sector experience includes:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Central & Local Government
- Civil Aviation
- Financial Services & Fintech
- Software & Video Game Development
- Recruitment and staffing organisation