Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Mike is an experienced Sales and Business Development Director, Consultant and Leader, who identifies profitable growth opportunities delivering tangible business benefits to clients, especially tech companies.
He is focused on relationships and engages with businesses at stages through start-up, scale up and maturity.
Mike has built and sold 2 SME’s and empathise with business owners at all stages of their journey.
He firmly believes in embracing change, especially in today’s business environment that’s seeing a move towards remote sales.
His broad experience helps him assimilate information quickly across a range of business issues and extrapolate the key areas for development.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (DipM)
- Member of the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT (MBCS)
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Higher National Diploma Computer Studies (Distinction)
Key Areas of Expertise
- Lead Generation
- Social Selling
- Structured Sales Methodologies
- Opportunity Qualification
- Sales Pipeline Management and Growth
- Stakeholder Influence
- Relationship Management
- Solution and Proposal Development
- Business Change and Transformation
- Business Planning
- People Management
- Leadership and Motivational Theory
- Property Management
- Property Law
A career based around the development and use of technology for business benefit over the last 35+ years. Broad experience includes:
- Recently Mike has advised a scale up SME on how they can address remote business development challenges in the Lloyd’s insurance market. Working alongside senior management to highlight targeting, messaging, and teamwork.
- Appointed as UK Interim MD by Netherlands based SaaS company to build new business partnerships. Raised £50k Business Partner Sponsorship as an IBM Business Partner. Business eventually sold to Netherland Post Office.
- Consolidated a large US database corporation’s partner network whilst increasing sales. Consolidated £3m aggregate sales to single distributor, resolving contractual; coached new partner sales staff; managed sales pipeline; increased conversions.
- Directed investment into a new Telco start-up from nurtured initial engagement into regular revenue flow of £1.2m p.a.; succeeded in consistently over-achieving sales targets by 110%+ for 4 years running.
- Cambridge based SME looking to grow and diversify its existing verticals. As the Business Development Director, Mike lead direct sales of SaaS offering to new verticals. Signed 3 new accounts, increasing revenues by £1m+ pa.