Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor / Mentor
Big Business Experience
NV Production Ltd (Near East & Far East)
Small Business Experience
Fashion Design Philosophy
Jane as a ‘visionary entrepreneur’ has successfully founded, scaled, run and sold a range of businesses across consumer goods, retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, and supply chain. One of her key attributes is her extensive experience of building nimble, flexible, and diverse teams across Europe and Asia, with continual focus on strategy, growth and sustainability at the early stage of business. She has a collaborative and supportive approach whilst implementing robust commercial, financial and risk management into the business plan. As an experienced NED and Board Advisor she is passionate to mentor business owners and Executives to achieve their purpose and goals.
- Business Sustainability Management, CISL, University of Cambridge – 2018
- Honorary Doctorate of Business Administration , Manchester Metropolitan University – 2010
- Clothing and Footwear Institute BA, Hollings Faculty, Manchester Poly
Key Areas of Expertise
- Developing Business Strategy and Growth
- Financial Planning – maximising profit and ensuring stable cashflow
- Operational Structure and Set Up – building high performance diverse and inclusive teams with effective systems.
- Creating Sustainable and Innovative business models to adapt to future demands.
- Digital E Commerce and Marketing
- Strong Governance
Next Sourcing, Managing Director – over 16 years as a founding partner built a pioneering fashion, home and lifestyle production and sourcing business across 17 countries in Asia and Europe. Strategic and P&L responsibility to evaluate multi territory sales and marketing opportunities, and build required infrastructure in IT, finance, people, product, ethical and social compliance. Global Company grew exponentially from US$8m turnover to US$1.1Billion with an eventual sale.
Isabi, founder, created and launched a multichannel brand, including manufacturing, purchasing, built international website, with integrated ERP, warehouse, logistics, customer service and financial planning systems.Over 3 years built brand to US$9m turnover, selling in UK, Europe and Australasia
Scout Store, NED and strategic advisor, act as a critical friend to evaluate strategy and risk, provide commercial constructive challenge, developing confidence and skills of leadership team Pivoted and supported executive team through challenge of Covid to retain profitability.
Fanfare Ltd NEDof a young innovative start up, implemented financial planning, procurement and cashflow, developed website, PR and marketing plan. Coached CEO to implement strategy and team accountabilities. Preparation led to successful second round investment.