Chairman/Non-Executive Director/Board Advisor/Mentor
Kent and London
Big Business Experience
SpectraSite Transco (National Grid)
Small Business Experience
Marsden Duncan Solicitors
A unique mix of lawyer and entrepreneur, Darryl has spent the last 15 years in private practice as a Commercial Lawyer focusing on helping Property and Finance companies grow their businesses and service their clients.
He has worked in and for FTSE 250 and 100 listed companies as well as startup ventures in his professional career. Latterly, he has built and merged two successful legal practices and retains strong links in both the Legal and Finance markets.
He is sought after as an advisor for businesses looking to scale up with a view to sale or refinance for management buyout or to give project specific advice on acquisitions.
- 2:1 in Business Law LLP Hons from Coventry University
- SRA Regulated Solicitor since 1995
Key Areas of Expertise
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams for commercial projects
- Identifying risk and managing it in a commercial manner
- Access to and negotiation of finance and joint venture arrangements
- Business development and acquisition and exit strategies
- Having started his career as a Company Commercial lawyer in the West End working for a boutique Sports Law practice, Darryl moved to the Paris office of Global Law Firm Norton Rose Fulbright to focus on learning his trade as a lawyer dealing with big ticket Asset Finance.
- During the Dot.com boom he was head hunted and returned to London to advise RSL Com on the acquisition of infrastructure sites to support the company’s entry into the newly deregulated Telecoms market, thereafter, moving over to run sales operations.
- With the consolidation of telecoms providers offering services in the UK market he moved to FTSE 250 listed COLT Telecom and thereafter SpectraSite Transco (now part of National Grid plc), where he managed a multi-disciplinary team that dealt with the sensitive negotiations for the roll out of shared 5G infrastructure for the then four mobile operators.
- Since returning to private practice as a lawyer he has created his own bridging finance business that also acts as an Angel Investor and mentor for young entrepreneurs starting out in business.
- As well as his commercial activities Darryl has spent time as a Governor on the largest Academy Trust of Catholic Schools in the South East and as Co Secretary and Executive Board Member of Blackheath Rugby where he is a Life Member and Vice President.