Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor
Big Business Experience
Small Business Experience
Start Up and Growth in Digital Media and Fintech
Andy has extensive experience in start-up and scale up businesses, raising capital and exits.
Specific skills include a strong understanding of the drivers of SaaS businesses, raising capital, developing strategy and operational plans, setting a winning culture, hiring great teams, sales, defining processes and corporate governance.
Andy has run businesses in a number of different industry sectors including RegTech, Digital media, recruitment and crypto-currencies.
- 25 years of starting, growing, exiting businesses
- Institute of Directors – NED Training
Key Areas of Expertise
- Growing software businesses in an sustainable way
- Building One Page Strategic Plans
- Developing Operating Plans and establishing accountability
- Developing a winning culture
- Budgeting and modelling
- Capital Raising and deal structuring
- Attracting great talent
- SaaS metrics and key business drivers
- Development and deployment of OKRs
- Corporate governance
- Go to market planning
10 years building technology businesses
Broad cross function experience including sales, operations, customer success, finance, HR and account management.
3 Exits, multiple capital raises
Experience in SaaS businesses within RegTech, cryptocurrencies and digital media
Experience in exit strategies including trade sale, staff sale, earn out.
Start Up clinic advisor at Web Summit
Member of Entrepreneurs’ Organisation (EO) for 8 years
Trained in Rockefeller Habits – rapid growth program for SMEs
Experienced in understanding and commercialising new concepts e.g. Social media, big data, natural language processing, cryptocurrencies, air taxis.
Experience in building solutions for regulated markets