Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor
Big Business Experience
BAE Systems Maritime
Small Business Experience
With 24 years delivering global telecommunications and defence engineering solutions along with 15 years working with a broad range of Start-ups and SMEs delivering business growth and transformation, Alan brings a broad range of industry experiences from EMEA, ASP and the Americas to bear.
Chief Executive (SME) and Board Advisory/Trustee experience along with a C-level skillset that encompasses profit and loss, funding rounds, international sales & marketing, organisational performance development, digital technology development and large scale programme transformation.
Accomplished in diverse industry sectors including telecommunications, software as a service, IT, defense, finance, non-departmental public bodies, education, legal, oil and gas, and healthcare.
- HND Electronics & Telecommunications
- Non-Executive Diploma (in process)
Key Areas of Expertise
- Start-up, SME and FTSE/NASDAQ 100 companies
- Strategy planning and implementation
- Business innovation and transformation
- International business development including sales and marketing
- Technology infrastructure, product and programme delivery
- Leadership and Board development
- Seed to Series C funding
- MBO, IPO, M&A and divestiture
- Multi-national, multi-industry and multi-cultural
- Analogue and digital native!
A broad-based background in technology and engineering led business, most recently:
- Multi-programme transformation for 5G test bed,
- Product/market/business delivery for SaaS in the care sector,
- Business readiness assessments for AWS global partners
- Transformation of programme reporting for a £multibillion defense project.
Working with and alongside Start-ups and SME’s to fast track growth from proof of concept through various technology, software and manufacturing levels as well as support funding assessments, investment advice, restructures and MBO delivery. Delivery team (Director) for 8x increase in valuation at IPO (£400M). Advising and performing due diligence for P/E, government investment, CEOs and Boards.
Blue chip international business experience including:
- Led M&A teams for global acquisition up to $450M
- £80M p.a. through sales channel to 96 countries
- Regional sales and marketing across Europe, MEA, ASP and South America working for Canadian/American organisation
- SKD manufacture contract to German telecommunications multinational
- Leading Programme and Project leadership team development on a unique defense project of national significance
Analytical problem solver, focused on cohesive, comprehensive client development approaches and organisational growth. Able to quickly engage at board level and with technology focused teams.