Non-Executive Director / Board Advisor / Mentor
Wales & West Country
Big Business Experience
Eversheds Sutherland LLP
Small Business Experience
After a successful career in digital business change for technology and professional services firms Matt has spent the last 10 years growing near startups and SME’s leading to a successful exit to Canada’s largest software company. Post-sale he occupied the position of VP Marketing and Business Development EMEA.
Matt’s previous roles include senior commercial and operational roles with SME’s and global corporates.
He now spends his time working with start-ups and SME’s that want to grow and need commercial, marketing or operational advice.
- BSc (HONS) Information Systems Management
- PRINCE II Practitioner Certification since 2002
- Executive Strategic Leadership – The Ivey Business School
- Digital Marketing Strategy – University of California
Key Areas of Expertise
- Digital native with over 20years experience in technology or technology-led organisations undergoing significant growth or change
- Commercial, sales & marketing assessment through to advise, redesign, hands-on execution and building of teams
- Deep problem-solving abilities using commerciality, creativity, research and relationships to progress to sound resolutions
- Global project and change management experience across sectors and business problems
- Sound commercial judgement in complex matters
- Strong relationship building skills
- Developing clear and compelling commercial communications
20+ year’s experience in leading startups and SME’s who are; owner-managed, angel, VC funded, and AIM listed organisations operating in the UK and globally.
Proven experience in designing and scaling commercial, marketing and business operations functions to create cost effective integrated growth plans.
Sector experience ranging from FinTech, LegalTech, RegTech, Software Technology, Digital Marketing, Professional Services and Public Sector.
Global experience living, working or leading teams in: France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Luxemburg, Spain, Bulgaria, Greece, South Africa, Australia, Vietnam, North America and key tax efficient locations including Cyprus and Malta.
Expert in clear commercial and customer focused communication to facilitate investment rounds and revenue generation.
Career highlights inc:
Leading a technology scale-up to sale and successful post-sale buyout
Acting as an advisor to numerous seed funded startups, scale-ups and charities
Turnaround of a global marketing and business development function to deliver growth and efficiencies
Matt now spends his time working with start-ups and SME’s that want to grow and need commercial, marketing or operational advice.