Big Business Experience
Spectrum Strategy Consultants
Small Business Experience
An experienced business leader and board member, Dougal advises the senior management teams of growth businesses which have complex challenges. He carries out strategic reviews, builds business cases for new investments, and works with senior management to define and implement business transformation programmes.
Dougal’s international corporate career spans twenty-five years. He brings broad management experience, in particular of corporate strategy in rapidly disrupting industries; business development and complex commercial deals; and business transformation.
Dougal seeks to build relationships widely within organisations in order to understand multiple perspectives. He has a reputation for making complex business problems simple, to allow effective decision-making.
BA (Hons) Oxford in Economics and Politics
Key areas of Expertise
- Corporate strategy, specialising in complex and rapidly disruptive industries
- Business transformation
- New business development and investment cases
- Commercial/deal structure
- Post-merger integration
- Due diligence
- Data and digital transformation
Board advisory work based in Devon since 2019; advising growth businesses on corporate strategy, investment cases and business transformation
Mentoring a tech-for-good fintech start-up on scale up challenges; including revenue model and go-to-market strategy; organisational development, improving IT development execution.
Ten year career in a variety of senior management roles at Sky Plc, including:
- Managing Director of Sky’s 500-strong data IT and data analytics division, defining and delivering a top-to-bottom turnaround
- led the post-merger integration following Sky’s £6.5bn acquisition of Sky Italy and Sky Germany
- Director of Strategy, leading Sky’s corporate strategy team at a time when the pay TV market was being disrupted by Netflix and others
- Acquisition, interim management of The Cloud, a mid-sized public Wifi operator acquired by Sky, then Chairman of The Cloud’s European business
Director of Strategy at Ofcom, responsible for managing Ofcom’s strategic review of telecoms, leading to the telecoms regulatory framework still in place today.
Ten years consulting for a boutique international strategy consultancy in the telecoms sector; working across Europe, Asia, South America and Africa.
On the board of Trustees of the Cornwall Air Ambulance