City of London and Essex Region
We have more than 150 Advisors available for clients
Meet some of our Advisors local to the City of London and Essex Region below
The City of London and Essex Region
Introduction to City of London
City of London is home to an estimate 10,000 residents, 68% are of working age but 522,000 are employed in the City of London representing 10% of Greater London’s employment. 1 out of 59 Great Britain workers are employed in the City of London.
City of London, otherwise known as the Square Mile or as the “City”, is the financial and business district at the centre of London. Although the City of London falls under the jurisdiction of Greater London and the GLA, the City of London has it’s own government, it’s own independent police force and of course it’s own Mayor.
The core businesses in City of London includes Financial Services, Professional Services, Business Services, Technology Services and Retail, Accommodation and Food Services.
Many business start-ups choose City of London because it attracts the curious, innovative, highly international and a great pool of talent already living, working and studying in the city.
The City of London is accessible by all means of public transportation. It has a well- structured and well-planned transportation systems that makes living and doing business convenient and accessible both locally and globally.
Introduction to Essex
Essex is home to at least 1.5 million residents, 79% of whom are working age. Essex is considered to be the fourth largest county economy in the South East and East Anglia.
The core businesses in Essex are distribution, transport, accommodation & food, public admin, education & health, manufacturing, real estate and business services.
Many business start-ups choose Essex because there is a great pool of talent already living, working and studying in the city.
Indulge yourself with the regions pristine coastlines, beautiful countryside, rich culture and heritage. Check out the world’s largest Turf Maze which is 800 years old and the chapel of St. Peter on the Wall (built around 660AD), which is located in Bradwell. Essex has the longest coastline in the United Kingdom which stretches 350 miles.
With its close proximity to London, travel the United Kingdom with Essex’s excellent access of the national road system, train, buses, taxis and airports.
Lisa, Regional Director for Boardroom Advisors manages the City of London and Essex Region where we have a team of local Advisors (see links to the left) and a national team of over 150 Advisors.
Boardroom Advisors City of London and Essex UK are proud to offer a premium service to help SMEs to scale up.
Our Advisors are all seasoned professionals who have been working with businesses across the City of London and Essex region and nationally for many years and possess a diverse range of skills and sector experience.
Current roles being carried out by the team include:
- Part-time Managing Director
- Part-time Operations Directors
- Part-time Commercial Directors
- Part-time Strategy Directors
- Part-Time Sales Directors
- Part-Time Finance Directors
- Part-Time Marketing Director
- Part-time IT Directors
- Part-Time Export Directors
- Part-Time Executive Directors
- Part-time Chairman / Chair
- Part-time Non-Exec Director (NED)
- Board Advisors
Reasons to be proud of City of London and Essex for business & living:
City of London
- The City of London contributed around £69bn in gross value added to UK’s national income last 2018.
- City of London’s financial services contributed 7% of the UK’s gross value added (GVA) in 2018 — £135bn.
- Generating $130k in output for every job, financial Services was one of the UK’s most productive industries in 2018. 24% of the UK’s financial services GVA were accounted from the City of London.
- Almost a thousand (1000) start-ups started their business in the City of London in 2019. 47% of which are in the professional and business services and 11% of it were in the Technology services.
- 70% of City of London’s workers were employed in high skilled jobs with 39% of workers born outsidethe UK IN 2018. Of the City’s total workforce, 61% were of UK-born, 15% came from the EEA, while 24% came from the rest of the world.
- Essex is the eight largest economy in the UK. Between 2009 and 2014, it has an average of 235 start-ups for each £1bn of GVA well ahead of UK’s average of 175 and continually rising.
- Chelmsford and Southend-on-Sea are on of the top places in Essex that continually attract startups and SMEs. Chelmsford, Essex’s only city and the birthplace of radio and broadcasting while Southend boasts of it’s award winning beaches that stretches seven miles of coastline and bond with your family with the attractions from the World famous pier.
- To continually support and drive investment, Invest ESSEX, an investment promotion agency (IPA) and business support provider which guides and support businesses, has landed 182 projects four years after March 2013.
- Essex has been ranked as the 68th best place to live across all 138 statistical regions based from the last Uswitch 2015 ranking results.
- University of Essex has been awarded University of the Year at the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2018.
Networking Events for MDs & CEOs
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organised events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organised events are branded TEDx, where X = independently organised TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organised.
Business East (October)
Business East is one of the most comprehensive business to business shows in Essex and East Anglia offering networking opportunities, seminar theatres and exhibitors. This year we are also opening our New Businesses area.
The perfect platform to promote your business, network, develop new partnerships and pick up inspiration from the seminars held throughout the day.
Free to attend for visitors, register in advance to save time on the day
Colchester Business Expo (March)
This B2B exhibition provides a platform for local businesses to showcase what they do, share local success and celebrate all that is great about business in Colchester featuring over 50 exhibitors
“FORE” Business Colchester Group (Monthly)
“FORE” Business are delighted to welcome you to our Colchester Group which is hosted at the Stoke By Nayland Golf Club, Essex. The business networking event in Colchester has been established since March 2015 and business and friendship within the group is flourishing.
The Business Woman’s Network (Monthly)
Your local Business Woman’s Network Group
Colchester Business Expo – Business Breakfast
Network with like-minded businesses with the opportunity to hear from our sponsors of the day and representatives – all whilst enjoying breakfast & refreshments.
Noah London Conference
Be part of Europe’s leading digital growth investment conference. Learn and network with 100+ of Europe’s top tech CEOs presenting on Main Stage, 80+ selected startups on “Startup Stage” and 400+ top investors and 300+ seasoned B2B digital facilitators.
The Business Show (November)
The Business Show, attracts 25,000 businesses looking for the expert advice & guidance to improve, evolve & expand.