Strategic business and financial plan
Your business plan is how you measure success, both internally within your organisation and externally as you work with shareholders, partners, investors, and banks.
It serves as a simple tool you can use to measure your goals, set key objectives and milestones, and align everyone on your team to work to achieve them.
Your strategic business plan should include the following:
- An executive summary – effectively, a short description of your business and what sets you apart.
- A description of your company and what you do.
- Market analysis and research on your industry and your competitors.
- Your organisation’s management and business structures.
- What products or services you offer and what makes your offering superior to your competition?
- Your plans to market your business, products, services, and sales strategies.
- How much funding you’ll need to operate over the next 5 years.
- Financial projections based on current data and your balance sheets.
- Résumés, permits, and other assets that may be of interest.