We have more than 150 Advisors available for clients
Meet some of our Advisors local to the Birmingham Region below
Introduction to the Birmingham Region
Birmingham is a city and a metropolitan area located in West Midlands. It is the second largest city in England and the whole of United Kingdom.
Birmingham, UK’s second city, is home to an estimate of 1.2 Million residents, 72% of whom are working age. This makes Birmingham the second largest city economy across the United Kingdom.
Securing it’s 7th place in the Top 10 UK cities for Tech Innovation by UK Tech Innovation Index, Birmingham is making the city a hotspot for growing digital and e-commerce businesses and one of Europe’s influential business hubs.
The core businesses sectors in Birmingham are Manufacturing (£4.0bn GVA), Construction (£1.6bn GVA), Retail Trade (£3.0bn GVA), Financial Services (£2.5bn GVA), Real Estate (£2.4bn GVA), Professional & Technical (£2.2bn GVA ), ICT (£1.4bn GVA), Public Services (£6.7bn GVA).
Located at the heart of UK, Travel UK’s second city, other major UK destinations and the world with ease using the city’s easy access to UK’s road and rail networks and international airports which offers direct flights to over 150 destinations worldwide.
Glenn, Regional Director for Boardroom Advisors manages the Birmingham Region where we have a team of local Advisors (see links to the left) and a national team of over 150 Advisors.
Boardroom Advisors Birmingham UK are proud to offer a premium service to SMEs to scale up.
Our Advisors are all seasoned professionals who have been working with businesses across Birmingham and across the UK for many years and possess a diverse range of skills and sector experience.
Current roles being carried out by the team include:
- Part-time Managing Director
- Part-time Operations Directors
- Part-time Commercial Directors
- Part-time Strategy Directors
- Part-Time Sales Directors
- Part-Time Finance Directors
- Part-Time Marketing Director
- Part-time IT Directors
- Part-Time Export Directors
- Part-Time Executive Directors
- Part-time Chairman / Chair
- Part-time Non-Exec Director (NED)
- Board Advisors
Reasons to be proud of Birmingham for business & living:
- Birmingham boasts of being the largest regional economy (£102bn GVA pa) with the highest productivity growth in the UK in 2019.
- Backed by a £69 million UK Government Skills deal to empower the city in providing further digital and technical skills to its local workforce.
- Birmingham and West Midlands are the first region in the UK ready to trial roll-out of 5G services and applications at scale.
- Birmingham has been ranked as the 35TH best place to live in the UK across all 138 statistical regions based from the last Uswitch 2015 ranking results.
- Birmingham is home to the biggest conference and event destinations in Europe featuring the world renowned National Exhibition Centre (NEC), International Convention Centre, Symphony Hall attracting 1.1 million overnight visits from overseas visitors.
- Access UK’s consumer market and the globe with ease using UK’s direct high-speed rail links and Birmingham International Airport.
Networking Events for MDs & CEOs
Festival of Enterprise (October)
Grow your business, network and knowledge at the Festival of Enterprise.
Whether it’s cashflow that keeps you up at night, not enough sales, finding and recruiting talent, worries about your competitors, lack of motivation, or simply issues with your systems or inefficient processes – the Festival of Enterprise will have it all covered.
Your free visitor pass gives you access to the full event agenda, focusing on 5 main themes: funding, revenue growth, technology, strategy, and inspiration. Business owners and entrepreneurs will take away proven strategies that the most successful business owners have used to fuel their growth
Content delivered by over 150 expert speakers across hundreds of sessions, the exhibition floor giving you access to over 250 companies all specialising in helping businesses reach their growth potential, over 50 networking events taking place, and over 8000 entrepreneurs in attendance – it’ll be two packed-full days of knowledge and networking, all designed to help your business grow, faster.
Birmingham Tech Week
Birmingham Tech Week is a collaborative series of digital events run by people and organisations from across the West Midlands. The week takes place between October 12th – 18th 2020.
The week will highlight Birmingham’s burgeoning Tech Scene and focus on a number of innovative topics.
The topics being discussed across the week include; Health Tech, AR/VR, AI, Software Development, FinTech, Investment, 5G, Digital Transformation, Life Sciences, Tech for Good, Women in Tech and IoT. The speakers are from a diverse range of background and are representing a number of blue-chip brands including; Uber, Salesforce, NatWest, Amazon, Barclays, National Express, BBC, Deliveroo, PWC, IBM Watson and The Alan Turing Institute.
The Midlands Expo Birmingham (December)
Taking place on the 8th December between 10am – 3pm, the Midlands Expo Birmingham is one of Birmingham’s most successful regional business shows. Held at the Aston Villa FC, the event is packed full of business advice and insights for entrepreneurs, start-ups and SME’s and is all about bringing companies and communities together to learn and grow their business. To attend The Midlands Expo is FREE.
Midlands Business Network Expo (October)
Midlands Business Network Expo welcomes 100 Exhibitors and over 1,000 visiting businesses from across the region. The event is designed to give businesses a platform to increase their sales pipeline, raise brand awareness, grow their professional network and find new sales opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to hear from a line up of inspirational speakers and attend a host of networking events, speed networking sessions and seminars
StartUp HelpDesk (September)
Did you know that…
- West Midlands Universities and support organisations get tens of millions a year to help businesses like yours to innovate and grow?
- There is scheme where you will get paid £500 to create a virtual work placement for a student who will help you for 45 days with admin, social media, diary management, IT etc?
- There are hundreds of grants out there to help you grow and innovate? In some cases, they will pay you to do develop your product?
- Unfortunately, 95% of businesses are missing out these amazing opportunities simply because they don’t know they exist.
- This is your chance to find out how your business can get involved and maximise the benefit by accessing all the pots available to you. You will hear from:
- Richard Fallon from the Technology Supply Chain- the Technology Supply Chain is a no-cost membership for manufacturing, engineering, tech and professional service companies in the West Midlands. The TSC has over 600 members, 60 advisors and partners with 6 West Midlands Universities. We connect our members with little-known grants, fully funded support and new opportunities.
- Swoop Funding- Find all the grant and funding options available to your company on their easy to use platform. Named in the “Hot Ten” list for the Global Fintech 50 for 2019, they are the rapidly rising star in funding for the SME market. Swoop has received global media coverage including: “Identifying funding that actually fits a company makes a big pile of sense” The Sunday Times and “Simply helping businesses manage their finances and access capital more effectively.” Forbes.
- Naomi Nash from TechNation- Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. Discover how you can get involved and how your business can benefit from their exciting growth programmes Rising Stars, Upscale and Future Fifty.
We hope you decide to join us for this valuable webinar.
Birmingham Entrepreneurs Meetup Group (September)
Meet a new network of local entrepreneurs to share tips and problem solving techniques, get advice on your ideas, brain storm with other entrepreneurs. Find useful contacts, sources of funding and grants.